Once you’ve decided to try an adjustable base bed, you’ll need to choose whether you want a split adjustable base. Whereas a standard adjustable base keeps the same configuration across the width of the bed, a split base has two separate, independently-adjustable sections. Each has advantages and disadvantages, and the best choice for you will depend on your sleeping habits and those of your partner. Read on to find out more.
The Split Adjustable Base
Even though you love your partner, you may not love sharing a bed. Often, couples have very different sleep requirements, and would prefer to each keep to their own halves of the bed. If this sounds familiar, you may want to consider a split bed frame. A split adjustable base is the pinnacle of customizable comfort. On a split adjustable base, not only can you adjust the position of your head and feet, but you can also separately adjust the right and left sides of the bed, meaning that your sleep position is entirely up to you.
Consider a Split Adjustable Base If…
- One or both partners move a lot during the night. The split base will give you the independence to move without waking your partner.
- One or both partners snores during the night. Some adjustable bases have the option to adjust your partner’s sleeping position to prevent snoring. Your own position will be unaffected, and you’ll have the quiet you need to sleep well.
- You and your partner have different schedules. A split adjustable base will allow you to stay in the same bed while comfortably doing different tasks.
- You and your partner have different tastes in sleep comfort. Some people like a slight incline or a firmer mattress. The split adjustable base allows each partner to customize the bed to his or her own liking.
The Traditional Adjustable Base
An adjustable base is anything but traditional, but this bed is simpler, with the settings are the same across the whole bed. You’ll need to use a mattress that is compatible with an adjustable base; in many cases this type of mattress is less expensive than a split mattress setup.
Consider a Traditional Adjustable Base If…
- You or your partner is a huge cuddler. The gap in the center of a split base is not conducive to cuddling.
- You and your partner have similar comfort preferences; in this case, you won’t need separate comfort arrangements.
- You already own an mattress you love which is compatible with an adjustable base.
We carry both split and traditional models of several brands of adjustable base in Las Vegas. If you have any questions, call us today at Best Mattress. We are your resident expert on the adjustable bed in St. George, Utah and other locations.