Sleeping on a bad mattress can really do a number on your body and your mood, since sleep deprivation can turn any good day bad. If you are waking up with sore muscles and you’re lacking the usual energy consider that there is a high probability that those symptoms are caused because you do not have a good mattress.
If you find yourself waking up and feeling sore more often than not, you have the wrong mattress. If a mattress is doing its job, it should be forming to your body and providing you with a good amount of support. Your spine should be straight, and you’ll likely need a pillow to keep your head and neck in line.
One of the reasons you are waking up sore could be that you suffer from pressure point pain. This pain is the aching and discomfort that comes when your hips, shoulders, and back are pressing up against the surface of your bed. This sort of pain will often keep people up at night and can worsen if you are a side sleeper. If you are more prone to feeling pain throughout the day or have a condition that causes pain, having a poor mattress will just increase this pain as well as possibly adding new pain to the mix. It’s so important to find a mattress that can alleviate some of the pressure point pain.
Tempur-pedic has a new line of mattress called the ProAdapt and Adapt series that we now offer. Because of the advanced technology these mattress were designed with, you can find some relief when it comes to this pressure point pain. You will be able to have a better night’s sleep and wake up feeling more refreshed than you have in a while. Additionally new foam material has been introduced called Tempur-APR:
The Tempur-pedic Adapt line offers two different mattress. The Medium and Medium Hybrid. While these mattresses are similar there are also distinctions that make them each unique.
Adapt Mattress Similarities
- SmartClimate® Dual Cover System: The Medium and Medium-Hybrid mattresses both have a new cooling cover. The use of this cooling material is a fairly new trend. Tempur-pedic takes a different approach with the new covers on both the Adapt and ProAdapt mattresses. The fabric has special high-density fibers that naturally feel cool to the touch. This makes it so it can’t be washed off or ware out over time. It’s an original approach and compared to the previous mattress covers by Tempur-pedic you can clearly tell a difference it’s cool touch. The Adapt mattress have this cover but it is unremovable.
- Construction and Material: Tempur-pedic is known for memory foam. Both of the Adapt mattresses feature a top comfort layer of the company’s Tempur-ES foam which it’s been using in it’s other mattresses. This is a soft, slow responding foam that has a similar feel to memory foam. Both of the Adapt mattresses are 11” tall.
- Feel and Softness: Both the Medium and the Medium Hybrid Tempur-Adapt mattresses are firmer mattresses.
Adapt Mattress Differences
- Construction and Material. Under the Tempur-ES foam, in the Medium version of the Adapt, there is a layer of transition foam, plus a thick block of standard polyurethane support foam. In the Medium-Hybrid version, the support foam is replaced with a pocketed coil unit.
- Feel and Softness. The Medium version is firm while the hybrid version is just somewhat softer. The big difference between the two models is in the bounce. The all-foam Medium version has very little of it, while the hybrid version has some bounce because of the spring coils beneath
The Tempur-pedic ProAdapt line offers four different mattresses. The Soft, Medium, Medium-Hybrid and Firm. While the ProAdapt features are in each mattress there are a few difference in construction and feel.
ProAdapt Mattress Similarities
- SmartClimate® Dual Cover System. All ProAdapt mattresses have a new cooling cover. The use of this cooling material is a fairly new trend. Tempur-pedic takes a different approach with the new covers on both the Adapt and ProAdapt mattresses. The fabric has special high-density fibers that naturally feel cool to the touch. This makes it so it can’t be washed off or ware out over time. It’s an original approach and compared to the previous mattress covers by Tempur-pedic you can clearly tell a difference it’s cool touch. The ProAdapt mattress have this cover and it is removable and can be machine washed.
- Construction and Material. Tempur-pedic is known for memory foam. All ProAdapt mattresses feature a top comfort layer of the company’s Tempur-ES foam which it’s been using in it’s other mattresses. This is a soft, slow responding foam that has a similar feel to memory foam. Under the Tempur-ES foam, however, the ProAdapt mattresses have a new memory material, called Tempur-APR (advanced pressure relief). It’s a very dense, slow-responding foam that’s even slower than the top ES foam. Conformance is very high on all ProAdapt models. This means that the mattress will adapt very closely to the contours of your body, especially as the foam warms to your body. At the same time giving firm support that is needed.
ProAdapt Mattress Differences
- Construction and Material. The ProAdapt Soft has the deepest cushioning and conformance. For the Soft, Medium, and Firm versions a third layer of support foam is under the ES and APR foams. For the Medium Hybrid, a pocketed coil unit replaces the support foam.
- Feel and Softness. The biggest differences in the ProAdapt line is the way the mattresses feel.
Soft- The Soft version has a soft-medium feel. It has the deepest cushioning of the four ProAdapt mattresses, and has the most pressure relief potential.
Medium- Medium is firm as well but not as much compared to the Firm version. This mattress has somewhat more cushion and conformance.
Medium Hybrid- Medium Hybrid has a support layer of pocketed coils as opposed to foam. That will give this model more bounce than the all-foam versions. This mattress is softer than the all-foam medium.
Firm- The Firm version has more of an extra firm feel. Even still, there’s plenty of softness on the top and the same contouring and conformance to curves that are in all the ProAdapt mattresses.
At your Hendersen Tempur-pedic provider we know how important a good night sleep is to you. We know the quality of a Tempur-pedic mattress and how they are always providing the latest in sleep technology. We want to provide that to you and know that you will get a quality night’s sleep with the Tempur-pedic Adapt and ProAdapt mattresses. Visit your nearest Best Sleep store and try a Tempur-pedic mattress today