The Beautyrest Black Low Profile Flat Foundation is an affordable option to provide your mattress with long term, high quality support. A box spring foundation goes underneath your mattress and on top of your bed frame. It is essential to have this support in between to prevent your mattress from sagging and breaking down over time. Most manufacturer warranties are void without a proper foundation like a box spring. Not using one will cost you comfort, time and and the life of your mattress.
The Beautyrest Black Low Profile Flat Foundation measures approximately 8″-9″ high and is ideal for most mattress heights and is most commonly paired in stores. Depending on your preferences and your height, if you don’t have an extra plush mattress and a higher bed frame, then you may consider a standard box spring foundation instead. With the Beautyrest Black Low Profile Flat Foundation, you know you are purchasing a premium affordable foundation that is designed to resist sagging and provide reliable consistent support.
Mattress foundations are now a standard in proper bed support. A quality foundation helps to maintain the structural integrity of the mattress, which in turn, increases longevity. You should never put a new mattress on an old foundation. Even if you don’t see any sagging in your old foundation, it’s usually there and will affect your level of support and the lifespan of your mattress. The type of foundation you need often depends on the type of mattress used; sometimes, the manufacturer produces a foundation specifically designed to complement a mattress.
Reasons why foundations are important:
Foundations are used to support foam mattresses, helping to distribute the weight from the mattress evenly. It is important to consult your local Best Mattress sleep experts as different mattress materials need different kinds of foundations. As a rule of thumb, box springs should never be used for any latex or memory foam mattresses. Slat foundations are acceptable for memory foam mattresses, but the slats should be no more than eight inches apart.
- Mattresses made with micro coils or innersprings need firmer foundations instead of box springs, in order to prevent premature sagging. However, depending on the mattress construction, some give might be necessary for the mattress to conform to your body.
- Adjustable bed bases allow you to control the elevation of the head and foot of the bed to provide the most comfort for your specific needs. They work best with innerspring, foam and air mattresses.
- A box spring base has metal springs in it that move along with the springs in a mattress. This provides a more cushioned feel for firmer mattresses because the springs absorb the stiffness.
- A platform foundation can be used with most types of mattresses and provide very firm support as well as stability. They often come with built-in storage and have a clean, modern look for aesthetic appeal. However, platforms offer little to no give.
- The reason that mattress manufacturers have shifted from box springs to foundations is that foundations provide thicker, stronger support for your body. They absorb more of the weight and distribute it evenly, which is better for your back.
- Foundations tend to be cheaper than box springs, so many retailers include them with mattresses – it’s a quick fix. However, the wrong foundation can negate the benefits of a good mattress, so be informed before you invest.
Foundations VS Box Springs
Foundations offer superior support for a wide variety of mattresses, including memory foam, latex, innerspring, and airbed mattresses because the solid surface helps to prevent premature sagging of the mattress. A platform bed is a piece of furniture that doesn’t require a foundation or box spring. With this type of bed, you put your mattress directly on the platform. Platform beds are typically made of wood and contain a series of wooden slats that run across the bed.
Why Is Best Mattress Your One Stop Sleep Shop?
Best Mattress is proud to serve the Las Vegas area with some of the best sleep experts in the area! We’re so confident we can help you find a mattress that will give you a better nights sleep that we offer our famous “Sleep Guarantee!” With the Best Mattress 120-day satisfaction guarantee or your money back we know that once you’ve had the chance to talk to our sleep experts and try our beds, you won’t want to shop anywhere else! You wouldn’t be alone either; Best Mattress is the number one seller of Tempur-Pedic mattresses and one of the top sellers of Serta sleep products in the Las Vegas area!
Best Delivery Service
At Best Mattress we understand that your time is valuable so we will deliver your new mattress within a 3-hour window on the day that you choose.
- Deliver 7 Days a week. Same Day Delivery is available.*
- Free in Home Set-up.
- Free Removal of your old Mattress set.
- Professionally trained Delivery Experts.
- No Contracted delivery service. All of our Delivery Experts are employees of Best Mattress.
Best 120 Day Sleep Guarantee.
Selecting a new mattress is a very important decision. At Best Mattress we know how important a good night’s sleep is and we guarantee that you will sleep comfortably on your new mattress. If you are not satisfied with the comfort of your mattress within 120 days of your purchase we will do whatever we can to make sure you are sleeping well. Best Mattress is committed to helping you find the right mattress and to your healthy night’s sleep.
Visit Your Local Best Mattress Today
Best Mattress is a proud dealer of the Serta sleep products line. Best Mattress is a proud dealer of the Beautyrest sleep products line. Come and see why beautyrest is such a popular option for so many of our customers in Las Vegas and Mesquite, NV and St. George, Utah. Our sleep experts are ready to help you find the best sleep of your life!