Have you ever thought, “I wish I were a lot more successful than i currently am?” You’re probably not alone! It’s somewhat shocking but 80% of adults carry some form of debt. After hearing that, it might seem somewhat contradictory but 90% of American adults now say that they define success as happiness and not power, possessions or prestige. Regardless of how you define success, there are some people that just seem to have lots of it!
Some people were born into success, others achieved it through strokes of genius or luck. There are many people however who have been neither born into it, nor achieved it through through brilliant ideas or being in the right place at the right time. These are regular people who seem to be doing all the right things. Fortunately for all of us, there are a several common threads between these people that we can all implement into our daily lives too!
It’s often difficult to define who is successful but for our purposes we will use the world’s 50 richest billionaires. Here’s 5 things that they do that you can start doing today! You might just make it to billionaire status yourself following these tenants, however, we encourage a healthy balanced lifestyle! Without balance, the happiness we all seek is very hard to find!
- The first thing that billionaires all seem to have in common is that they have an obsessive personality. When they have an idea or a challenge, they don’t seem to rest until they have solved it, built it, made it or designed it.
- Billionaires are in general, very educated. We’ve all heard of the high school and college dropouts that make their billions, however, they because highly educated and eventually experts within their field of interest and continued to pursue knowledge and insight long after the school age years.
- Billionaires are on average, some of the hardest working people you will ever meet. They have become billionaires because they aren’t content to just work 9 to 5. They push their mind and body from leaving the pillow to greeting the pillow. It also help to have a really nice pillow that does more good than harm!
- Diet and fitness play a major role in breaking free of the physical and mental barriers that hold most of us back from reaching success, whether that’s at work, at home or in our own minds.
- They use their money differently to most people. To most of us, money is a thing that gets us more things. To billionaires who are overwhelmingly entrepreneurs, money is a tool which if used properly, can make you more money. They are willing to take risks and do so on a daily basis. Often, taking calculated risk that could have cost them everything, is what earned them their first fortunes. Fortunes are made and lost every day though so for most of us, it’s wise to do a little more calculating and a little less risking!